Fort Stevenson is pleased to host an Ojibway Snowshoe Lacing Workshop. This instructor led workshop will give participants the opportunity to lace your own Ojibway Snowshoes!
Cost: $85.00 per participant, fee includes snowshoe kit, lunch and snack. (Cash, Check or Credit Card accepted)
Registration Deadline: January 1, 2020. Call Fort Stevenson State Park at 701-337-5576 to register. Class size is limited to 12 participants.
Location: Fort Stevenson State Park, 3 miles South of Garrison, ND
When registering, you will be asked to indicate the snowshoe kit size that you would like to order. When determining your snowshoe size, take into consideration the weight of any gear (outdoor clothing and boots, backpack, water bottle, etc.) you plan to have with you when you snowshoe.
Large: 12″ x 60″ frame (over 190 pounds)
Medium: 11″ x 54″ frame (120 to 190 pounds)
Small: 10″ x 50″ frame (less than 120 pounds)
Each snowshoe kit includes:
– 2 snowshoe frames made from straight-grained white ash
– 4 strands of woven nylon lacing for toes and tails
– 2 strands of woven nylon lacing for center sections
– 2 strands of woven nylon lacing for wrapping master cord
– Step-by-step instruction manual
Check out our other winter activities